On the Optimal Weight 4 & 2 & 1 Plan®, you may incorporate a starch, fruit, dairy choice, or OPTAVIA Snack into one of your mealtimes. Remember to keep your meals at six per day, spaced two to three hours apart, for optimal blood sugar and hunger control.
- Puffed Snacks
In general, one serving of starch is:
- ½ cup of cooked cereal, grain, or starchy vegetable
- ⅓ cup of cooked rice or pasta
- 1 oz. of a bread product, such as one slice of whole-grain bread
In general, one serving of fruit is:
- 1 small (4 oz.) piece of fresh fruit such as pear, apple, orange, etc.
- ½ cup fresh or frozen fruit
- ½ cup canned fruit such as peaches, pears, or fruit cocktail (choose fruit packed in water or natural juices, not syrup)
In general, one serving of dairy is:
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) low-fat yogurt (fewer than 120 calories)
- 1 cup unsweetened low-fat or fat-free milk (cow, soy, almond, or cashew)